Call for Participation
The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy seeks new members to join our Editorial Collective. We invite applications from graduate students, scholars, and practitioners in all fields who critically and creatively engage with digital technology in their teaching, learning, and research. We will be appointing both graduate student members and non-student members (faculty, staff, practitioners). This is an opportunity to gain experience and mentorship in academic editorship. Prior experience in publishing is not necessary. BIPOC and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. OER enthusiasts, social media mavens, HTML tinkerers, meticulous copyeditors, and those with a flair for social media all will find opportunities to employ and expand their talents on the EC.
Our collective is only as strong as the diversity of its members. We therefore commit to actively foster the full participation of women, people of color, people with disabilities, and others historically excluded from the field as EC members.
As the JITP team migrates our production and publication process to Manifold, we are particularly looking for candidates with enthusiasm for thinking through the opportunities and challenges posed by our new publishing platform.
The deadline for submissions is November 30th, 2022.
Editorial Collective members should plan to make a minimum of a two-year commitment to work on the journal. Each EC member is expected to:
- Attend regular remote editorial collective meetings (once every 6 weeks or so during the Fall and Spring semesters)
- Participate in ongoing editorial and operating discussions on the JITP’s private group site on the CUNY Academic Commons
- Maintain membership in at least one committee and participate in discussions and tasks central to that committee
- Possibly review one or two submissions to the journal per year, in addition to responsibilities outlined below
Our working committees include Copyediting, Communications & Outreach, Layout Staging, Website Management, Style & Structure, Governance & Oversight, and more.
By their second year in the Collective, EC members will be invited to take on one formal role in the production of the journal, i.e. as an Issue Co-Editor OR Section Editor (e.g. Tool Tips, Reviews etc.) OR Style and Structure Editor.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Editorial Collective for The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, email our Managing Editor, Patrick DeDauw, at email@example.com, and include the following materials:
- A brief statement of interest (no more than 700 words) describing why you would like to join the collective, what skills and experiences you would bring, and your current program of study. Include a statement of your perspective on and experience in fostering inclusion, access, and diversity.
- A current CV (no more than two pages)
Those who have applied before are heartily encouraged to apply again!